Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall / Winter Reading List

I'm very sad to say that my reading time diminishes drastically when I'm not on vacation. My time is spent mostly on training, practice, and knitting / baking when I'm back in the real world, but I still have my reading list picked out for these fall / winter nights when my fingers get too cold to hold my needles steady.

Snow Crash :: Neal Stephenson
I just finished reading this little gem yesterday. Martin recommended it, and it's brilliant! It's a sci-fi thriller that takes place in both the real world and the 'metaverse' - a computer world generated by top hackers.

The Endearment :: LaVyrle Spencer / The Woods are Dark :: Richard Laymon /
The Lover's Dictionary :: David Levithan / Galilee :: Clive Barker /
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy :: Douglas Adams
To get in the proper mood for Halloween, I'm starting with the horror novel The Woods are Dark by Richard Laymon. I'm only one chapter in and the author sets the tone for the whole story on the very first page with the siting of a legless man-creature dragging himself across the road. Oh, yes! This is just the creepy crawly story this time of year begs for.

No comments:

Post a Comment