Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday's Simple: Sweater Alteration

Remember that adorable tea-cup pocket? This is my take on the handcrafted travellers original.

Teacup Pocket Sweater Alteration

{Before}


{After}


{Closet Ups}



{Pattern}

Using your choice of yarn weight and needle size, CO 20 stitches.

Work 10 rows in garter stitch (knit every row).

Individually slip next two stitches knit wise, then knit through front of stitches together, Knit to last 2 stitches, then Knit last 2 stitches together.

Knit across.

Repeat these 2 decrease rows 5x. (10 stitches remain)

Bind off.

Knit i-cord handle. (I just kept holding mine up to the cup until it looked like the right size)

Attach teacup to sweater, then attach i-cord.

I made my teacup with some bulky weight yarn so it came out large enough to fit my little moleskin planners.

No comments:

Post a Comment