Monday, November 26, 2012

Pattern: Miniature Bunting

Thanksgiving weekend was a blast (I hope it was for you as well!). But now it's back to work and back to working on Christmas-y knits. I've finished off my Christmas list knitting, but now it's on to wrapping! I've vowed that next year, I will be much more creative with my Christmas packaging, but for this year, I'm only worrying about Syd's birthday extravaganza packaging.
So I knit up this adorable miniature b-day bunting to adorn the outside of her package (packaging post coming soon).
 
NOTE: Astrid over at Twisted Lamb was kind enough to convert this pattern into crochet!
 

Miniature Bunting

{Dictionary}
BO - bind off
CCF  - bring contrast color to front
K1M - knit 1 in main color
CCB - bring contrast color to back
K - knit
P - purl
SSK - slip 2 stitches knitwise, knit through back of stitches
K2tog - knit 2 together

{Materials}
US 6 needles
Any color worsted weight acrylic yarn

{Contrast Color}
CO 11

Row 1: K across

Row 2: BO 3 switching to main color on last BO. (CCF, K1M, CCB, K1M) x2. BO 3 with contract color.

{Main Color}
Row 3: K1, P3, K1.

Row 4: K across.

Rows 5 - 7: follow rows 3 - 4.

{Decrease}
Row 8: SSK. K1. K2tog.

Row 9: K1, P1, K1.

Row 10: slip first stitch knitwise, K2tog, then pass slipped stitch over knit stitch.


Weave in ends. Join the flags together, add embellishments and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment