Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What I Wore: And Other Super Tales

It's my first day back to work since my vacation, and I am channeling my Super mojo.
Buttoned my shirt just enough so the Superman logo shows through.
Paired with military-style high-waisted leggings.
And these brilliant red kitten heels.


t-shirt: hand-me-down from Syd
button down: maybe target or kohl's (it's very, very old)
bottoms: modcloth
shoes: thrifting
A lot of great things happened while we were away on vacation... here are the highlights!

On Martin's birthday, we went to the beach for some fun in the sun. Martin found a little birdy flapping around in the ocean and scooped him out with a bucket. When we called the local animal rehabilitation (ARK), they asked us to bring the little guy in. This will forever be the birthday Martin saved a life.


Around the island, there were a lot of great little shops and attractions. We visited the Port Aransas Art Center, ate at Virginia's, and came across some awesome finds. In the local liquor store, I found an interesting package design (because we all know I'm a sucker for packaging). It's two different bottles of tequila in one. How cool is that?


We took a day trip to the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi. We found an awesome huge sculpture on the side of the road during the 45 minute drive. After walking through the fishy bits, we visited the otters... they were doing it. We came back later to find them sleeping... typical. Haha.


I read on the beach (I'm dedicating a post strictly to my reading list), skated a good 4+ miles every morning, and added a new tattoo to my collection. The tattoos are from the poem Unlonely by David Levithan in his book The Realm of Possibilities. I have another tat from the same poem on my arm.

The beginning:
(summarized as 1000 things <3 in typewriter font on my left inner elbow)

How to Be Alone

Remember that at any given moment
There are a thousand things
You can love

The middle:
(summarized as alone. lonely. in typerwriter font on both of my feet)

What I Learned

The well-documented difference
Between alone and lonely
The comfort of knowing

The end:
(will hopefully have the entire portion written in typerwriter font somewhere on my body eventually)

A Cue from Nature

Run outside during a thunderstorm
That downpour, that conquered hesitation, that exhileration
That's what unlonely is like

And a surprise for when I got back home, Syd had dropped off a bag of knitting supplies she'd gotten from her grandmother! There are these awesome rubbery feeling needles that are super grippy and bendy. I've never seen anything like them, and am not sure what they are actually made of.


See the way it lets me bend it? Have you ever seen anything like these? I've never found a knitting needle made of this kind of material, and I'm not sure I'll ever find any like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment